The upcoming Navi Mumbai Airport at Mumbai India, which is expected to be operational in 2019 has become active in cyber space and filed the following Domain Disputes under .IN Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (INDRP):
- navimumbaiairport.in (Arbitrator: Mr. Dipak G Parmar)
- nmia.in (Arbitrator: Mr. Rodney D Ryder)
- nmia.co.in (Arbitrator: Ms. Harini Narayanswamy)
All the Domain Names have been parked at SEDO market place and has a Buy Now link. Two Domain Names: navimumbaiairport.in and nmia.in have been registered since first quarter of 2008 just around the time, when The Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) gave its clearance for the Navi Mumbai international airport in 2008. Therefore Bad Faith will be presumed in such a scenario as Domain Registrant acted based upon some news articles. Though to safeguard his interests, the Domain Registrant should have made some legitimate website over the disputed domain name.
Also interesting to note that the Delhi Airport official website is at https://www.newdelhiairport.in, while DelhiAirport.in has also been parked and put on sale. Delhi Airport / GMR can similarly claim the said Domain Name under INDRP !
Read More about Navi Mumbai Airport at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navi_Mumbai_International_Airport
- Domain Disputes by trademark holders in June 2018
- DELL files for record 19 .IN Domain Disputes under INDRP
- Domain Dispute / INDRPs by Trademark Holders in June 2017
- Breitling SA files twin Domain Disputes under INDRP
- Godrej files domain dispute over NaturesBasket.in