A record 12 Domain Dispute matters were filed under INDRP by famous brads like Mentos, Wells Fargo, Mont Blanc, Sony, etc:
- firefox.in filed on 06.04.2015 (Arbitrator: Dr. A K Bansal)
- firefox.co.in filed on 07.04.2015 (Arbitrator: Mr. S K Bansal)
- mentosindia.co.in filed on 08.04.2015 (Arbitrator: Mr. Ankur Raheja)
- wellsfargo.firm.in filed on 08.04.2015 (Arbitrator: Ms. Divya Balasundaram)
- montblanc.in filed on 13.04.2015 (Arbitrator: Mr. Jayant Kumar)
- lens.in filed on 17.04.2015 (Arbitrator: Mr. James Mukkattukavunkal)
- sonymobile.co.in filed on 17.04.2015 (Arbitrator: Mr. Sonal Kumar Singh)
- teradata.in filed on 17.04.2015 (Arbitrator: Mr. Dipak G Parmar)
- 99acres.co.in filed on 23.04.2015 (Arbitrator: Mr. Amarjit Singh)
- ford.co.in filed on 28.04.2015 (Arbitrator: Mr. A.K. Singh)
- crownindiarelocation.in filed on 29.04.2015 (Arbitrator: Ms. Harini Narayanswamy)
- emiratesgroup.co.in filed on 29.04.2015 (Arbitrator: Mr. Nikilesh Ramachandran)
Other than Lens.in and crownindiarelocation.in, all are strong Trademark names, and none of them has been put to any legitimate use and some of them have ‘For Sale’ notices implying bad faith too… therefore it seems Respondents may not have any proper grounds to defend the same and depending upon the facts of the respective complaints, should be ordered to be transferred.
Further, the INDRP rules also provide for payment of costs, which are mostly awarded in strong Trademark cases filed under INDRP, in some of the matters costs of Rs 10 Lakhs have been awarded.
Read more about the remedies available under INDRP @ http://www.advocate.domains/indrp-v-udrp-the-remedies/