It was guessed that maybe HotelsCombined.com seems to be the Complainant in the INDRP matter filed over Combined.in, as they had registered Trademark in India. The decision has come out and it has been discovered that the Complainant was Combined Insurance Company of America, who holds TMs in USA over words ‘Combined’ and ‘Combined Insurance’.
While the disputed domain is owned by a Hyderabad resident Mr Prahlad Sharma, who has been alleged to have copied content from the Complainant’s website but defends on the ground of lack Complainants Trademark in India and the generic nature of the word. But he was unable to show any intrinsic association with the same.
Therefore, in the final decision by the INDRP Arbitrator, the Domain has been ordered to be transferred to the Complainant as it has been held that Mr Prahlad Sharma do not have a plausible claim on the Domain Name www.combined.in, with no order as to costs.
Complete Decision is available at: https://registry.in/system/files/combinedin.pdf !
- INDRP – HuntNews.in – Decision
- Domain Dispute filed against ePolicyBazaar.in under INDRP
- Domain Disputes by trademark holders in December 2017
- .IN Domain Name Lens.in registration cancelled under INDRP proceedings
- Ackoinsurance.in ordered to be transferred (Response Filed)