GST in India normally stands for recently introduced ‘Goods & Services Tax’, which will be introduced from 01 April 2016. While the Domain Registrant seems to have been holding Domain Name for the last 10 years, without making legitimate use of the Domain Name. But still the doctrine of laches should be applicable here, which benefits the registrant and bars claims brought after unreasonable time.
It is difficult to guess as to who the complainant in the matter maybe. Though some Trademarks like the following are one under class 42 are registered in India, who may be making claims to the Domain name after a long period of time:
This decision would be interesting to watch for !
- INDRP over 3 letter domain name FDC.in
- Nalli Sarees file for INDRP upon Nalli.org.in
- INDRP over 10 days old Domain Name – QRG.in
- Alamocar based domain names transferred away in INDRP
- INDRP over Butterfly.in (generic keyword)