The Benchmade Knife Company is a knife manufacturer, founded in 1979, run from Oregon United States. Its products are sold to numerous markets, such as outdoor sporting cutlery, rescue, law-enforcement, martial-arts, and military.
The disputed Domain Name www.benchmade.in was registered on 21 June 2016 by a Domain Registrant from Delhi, India. The Google search for term BenchMade on Google throws result for Generic meaning of the Term BenchMade and also Complainant company.
The Complainant company already holds the Trademark under class 8 as a device mark in India, which has application year as 2012 but the same has been registered in 2013/2018 only.
Further, though no legitimate use of the Domain Name has been made till date, but the word has generic meaning and a dictionary meaning !
- .IN Domain Name Lens.in registration cancelled under INDRP proceedings
- Domain Dispute filed against ePolicyBazaar.in under INDRP
- INDRP filed against in-use Generic Domain Lens.in
- Post INDRP Loss: Hotel The Raffles changed name to Hotel Rallentino
- The purpose of INDRP Policy – Web.in